- This event has passed.
Knitted Dragon Class (Part 1 of 3)
June 1, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$45
Knitted Dragon Class
Registration Deadline: June 1, 5:00 PM
Instructor: Ted Woodward-Partridge
Time: Evenings, 6pm – 8pm
Dates: June 1, 15 and 23
A printed copy of the pattern is included in the class fee:
Smauglock by Mia & Mom
Materials and Notes:
This pattern is best for Advanced Beginners. It is knit in the round with either DPNs or circular needles. You can use any weight yarn you like just choose a needle size that is two sizes smaller than the smallest needle recommended on the yarn label.
Yardage varies according to weight of yarn used (MC-Main Color, CC-Contrasting Color):
- Fingering weight – MC: 350-400 yards, CC: 125-200 yards
- DK weight – MC: 400-450 yards, CC: 200-250 yards
- Worsted weight – MC: 425-500 yards, CC: 125-350 yards
- About 10 yards of yarn in same weight as MC and CC for horns.
- Circular needle at least two sizes smaller than recommended size on label on MC
- Stitch markers – Choose one extra special one to use for the start of the round. It will help eliminate confusion!
- Safety eyes (If toy is being made for a child under the age of three, please embroider or needle-felt eyes instead!)
- Fun Foam in a color close to your Contrasting Color or plastic canvas (optional)
- Scrap yarn (smooth cotton in the weight used for MC and CC works best).
Enrollment: Class is limited to 8 people unless approved by the instructor. Enrollment must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the first class to ensure there is a space for you. You can sign up in the store, online, or by phone (817)731-5044. Payment should be made at time of enrollment.
If you need to cancel your class registration, you will be issued store credit for the class amount if you give us a week or more notice. If given less than a week and we can fill your spot in the knitting class, you will be issued store credit for the class amount.
If there are less than 2 students in a class, the class may be cancelled one day prior and store credit will be issued for the class fee.
Missed single classes cannot be made up or credited towards a future class.